Sulfate of Potash with Magnesium
Sulfate of Potash with Magnesia, 0-0-22-11Mg, also known by the brand name K-MAG or Sul-Po-Mag, is a Potash Fertilizer containing Potassium 21.5%,10.8% Magnesium, and 22% Sulfur. It has a very low percentage of Chloride (under 2.5%), which minimizes the potential for fertilizer "burn". This is a great fertilizer for sensitive vegetables and fruit crops requiring high fertilizer rates. It is also beneficial to crops demanding high Potash and Magnesium that may be sensitive to Chloride. Because of its crystalline nature, Sulfate of Potash Magnesia dissolves gradually throughout the growing season. Sulfate of Potash Magnesia has neutral pH level, this is a very good source of Potash and Magnesium for areas with acidic soil since this wouldn't add to the acidity of the soil.
- Sulfate of Potash Magnesia breaks down in the soil completely, meaning crops have access to three essential nutrients:
- Potassium – Essential for protein synthesis and protein formation. It improves the flavor and color of fruits and vegetables and promotes drought tolerance, winter hardiness, and disease and insect resistance.
- Magnesium – Resides at the heart of the pigment-containing molecule, chlorophyll. As rates of photosynthesis decline, so do quality and yield.
- Sulfur – Remains a key element in crop proteins. It is a requirement for nitrogen fixation in legumes and vital to vitamin synthesis in all plants, important determinants of crop quality. Without sulfur, onions, garlic, and mustard would not possess their distinctive flavors.
- Soil: Broadcast 10 pounds per 1,000 square feet.