Nutri-Mulch is a OMRI certified organic compost perfected through over 30 years of research and testing. This product provides nutrients which slow release, providing longer plant feeding than synthetic fertilizer. In addition, Nutri-Mulch will loosen tightly bound particles in clay, improving root structure, water drainage and air penetration; no need to purchase other products for this purpose. Finally, wood shavings contained in Nutri-Mulch decompose over time, feeding and insulating plant roots and ultimately resulting in decreased water usage.
Nutri-Mulch is derived from the production of turkeys in the mountain valley of central Utah by growers for Pitman Farms, Inc. Organic wood shavings and organic manure produced in turkey growing is collected at a central processing facility. The product is placed in long windrows, irrigated to an optimal moisture level, and then heated to a temperature of 130 to 150 degrees. This organic process encourages the production of aerobic bacteria critical to the organic composting process. The result is a superior compost with no harsh aroma and stellar growing properties.
- Composition and Analysis: Nutri-Mulch is a superior amendment of neutral pH containing soil enriching nutrients in the form of large organic molecules which remain in the soil where they are placed and are bio-available to the plant roots when needed. Guaranteed to have an N:P: K ratio of 1:1:1. Nutri-Mulch also contains many other micro-nutrients which greatly enhance plant growth and health.
- Garden and Plant Bed Usage: Apply 1-2” of Nutri-Mulch to the ground surface and till to a depth of 4-6”. Proceed to plant as normal or add sod on the surface.
- Tree & Shrub Planting: Mix Nutri-Mulch in a 25-35% ratio with backfill soil to be placed around the roots.
- Top Dressing: Spread Nutri-Mulch ¼” deep over existing sod and water well. Nutri-Mulch may be used as top dressing in flower beds and gardens, but it is highly recommended that it be incorporated into the soil for maximum efficiency. This will help the compost remain in the soil if you live in a particularly windy area.
Superior results are reported as gardeners use this product as directed. Healthier yards, more robust vegetable and fruit production and decreased water usage are just a few of the benefits reported by Nutri-Mulch customers.
- 2.0 cubic foot bag (40/pallet) - Call For Availability*