Chantilly Creeping Red Fescue Seed
Chantilly Creeping Red Fescue is a beautiful strong creeping red fescue resulting from recurrent selections and crosses using plants from persistent older turfs. The natural presence of endophyte works to repel surface feeding insects and subsequent vulnerability to stresses and disease, especially red thread (common in creeping red fescues). Possessing a dark green color with bright highlights, abundant tillers for increased density and the absence of leaf disease, the inherent beauty of Chantilly is evident in the quality of the turf produced. Chantilly has demonstrated excellent wear tolerance and high density year round. It has superior salt tolerance and high summer stress tolerance. Chantilly has also shown reduced invasion of Poa annua and crabgrass.
- Shaded lawns, ground cover.
- Narrow-leaved, cool season perennial and creeping and/or bunch growth habit, found mostly in shaded areas. Leaves have folded vernation (stem) and a dull underside.
- Slow establisher like tall fescue. Ideal for shade.
- 18-21 days under prime conditions.
- 4-6 lbs./1,000 square foot
- 200-250 lbs. / acre (43,560 square foot)
- Seeds/ 1 lb : 365,000.
- Comes by the pound and in pre-packaged 50 pound bags.